November 7, 2011

Catching Up

The past couple of months have been super busy and there is no sign of things slowing down anytime soon. My mom came out to visit in August, which was wonderful! If I had my way she would never leave but I guess holding someone hostage is against the law, haha.  :-). We went to the Rodeo/Suicide Race in Omak. We had a great time despite the heat and the dust in the air. Can't wait till next year!

 In September, school started back up and if you didn't already know, we homeschool the girls. Lilly is at a 2nd grade level and Olivia has just started so she would be at a kindergarten level. Lilly is also taking piano lessons every Monday and so far she is really enjoying it. We took a trip to Oak Harbor and I got to attend the Ladies Bible Fellowship, which was great!

This last month, October, Samuel hit the 4 months old mark! He is doing wonderful and growing very fast. He laughs out loud alot and he rolled over for the first time this month! We were also able to take another trip to OH to attend the Missions Conference, which was a huge huge blessing!!!  I can't say enough good things about the teaching/preaching from Bro. Bruce Martin. Also, at the end of this month my brother Rick, was out riding horses with friends and long story short he ended up with a very badly injured and broken leg and foot. It is an answer to prayer that he didn't lose his leg but he has a long road of recovery ahead. So if you would please pray for his leg to heal properly, that he would be able to walk normally and for the pain that he is in. Big note here...Oct. 19th 2005 ( 6 years ago!!), I trusted Christ as my Savior! Thank you Mrs. Cheryl Prisk for sharing the Gospel with me and leading me to the Lord!

I know that was a quick review of what's been going on in our lives these last couple of months. But to mention everything I would be at this computer for a VERY long time. As I sit here and look back over the last couple of months, I have to say God has been working in my life in SO many ways. As you can see I have changed the title of my blog. I heard the song, Only One Life, for the very first time back in September at the LBF over in OH.  I haven't been able to stop thinking of it since! I have read over and over the words to this song and it has given me many things to think on. This has become my favorite song and will remain so for a long time I'm sure.


Only One Life

Only one life to offer; Jesus my Lord and King;
Only one tongue to praise Thee and of Thy mercy sing;
Only one heart's devotion;
 Savior, O may it be Consecrated alone to Thy matchless glory,
Yielded fully to Thee.

Only this hour is mine, Lord; May it be used for Thee;
May every passing moment count for eternity.
Souls all about are dying, Dying in sin and shame;
Help me to bring them the message of Calvary's redemption
In Thy glorious name.

Only one life to offer; Take it, dear Lord, I pray;
Nothing from Thee with-holding, Thy will I now obey.
Thou who hast freely given Thine all in all for me,
Claim this life for Thine own to be used, my Savior,
Every moment for Thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment