July 23, 2012

You Know You're 30 When...

* The movies that your grew up with are now considered classics and are being remade.

* You see an old pay phone and remember when you used those and when pagers came out and thought you were so cool if you had one.

* You start buying beauty products to prevent wrinkles and always buy moisturizer with the highest spf sunscreen you can find.

* You check often to see if you have any grey hairs yet.

* You get really serious about taking your multi-vitamin, eating better and exercise. (eew I don't like that word)

* When you and your friends OR husband are feeling old and you start giving each other pep talks and say things like, "It's ok, this is just the natural process of getting older" and "We are growing old together like we said we wanted to."

*  You find yourself explaining to your children what black and white movies are and why you can't just click a button and turn on the color.

* You can't even remember the last saturday (or any day) that you slept in past 7:30.

* You own a lawnmower and other things like that that you never thought you would own.

* When 10pm is waaaay past your bed time.

Hopefully you were able to chuckle along with me at the list. I'm not in any way upset that I'm 31 now, nor do I dwell on it or wish I were younger. I feel like I should be 31, it just feels right.

Anyway, I was laughing to myself in Walmart the other day when I was looking at and thinking of purchasing face wash that helps prevent wrinkles. It got me to thinking about how different things are now than when I was younger, how many things have changed over the years.

When I was younger I thought it would be horrible to "grow old" but I find it's really not all that bad.

So I leave you with this you tube clip of Brian Regan.....


No comments:

Post a Comment