July 12, 2012

Thankful Thursday *Updated*

1 Thessalonians 5:18 In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

On Thursdays I've been going over to the tiny town called Twisp (say that 5 times fast) to have a bible study/prayer time with 2 women. We've started studying through the book of Esther, starting with chapter 1 today. (bible study went GREAT!)

On the way home over Loup Loup pass, there had been a wreck/accident at a very curvy part of the road. (Omak Chronicle, info about accident) As I slowly passed by all the flashing lights, ambulances and what have you, my first thought was "Oh no, someone is probably hurt." My second thought was, "That could be me or somone I know." So as I'm praying for the unkown person/accident, I started thinking about  James 4:14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

There are so many things I take for granted each day, so I wanted to share some things I'm thankful for today...


I take for granted the A/C working in the van, which it is not doing right now...
Yes! This was the temperature when I left the office in Twisp.
I am thakful for summer and A/C in the van (when it works)!

I keep telling Chris it's against the law for me to pump gas, haha...
 He doesn't belive me, but he knows I hate pumping gas so
 most of the time he will make sure there is gas in the vehicles ...most of the time.
I am thankful I didn't run out of gas on the way back home!


Aaahh, walking into the cool A/C in the house...
I am SO thankful for air conditioning on really hot days!!!


After all the sweating I did with no A/C in the van,
 I was thankful to get home and wash up.
I am thankful for clean running water and soap!

It might seem so simple a thing...
I am thankful for fresh clean towels!

Something I think most of us take for granted...
I am thankful for ice water!!!


We do this so often, most of the time I don't even think about it.
I take for granted sitting around the table, having a healthy, hot meal with my family.
I am thankful for my family and daily bread!

 
Playing apple letters with Lilly and Olivia.
I am thankful for my children, their laughter
and being able to have fun with them!

I am also VERY thankful for friends and family who pray for me. Last week and this week I've gotten e-mails, cards, letters and phone calls from loved ones letting me know they've been thinking about me and praying for me and my family. If that's you....THANK YOU!!!

If you've just read this post...please share some things you're thankful for.




2 comments:

  1. I'm thankful that I now have A/C in my car too! It was a mandatory when I got my new vehicle. I'm thankful for my dog, for my friends that are serving overseas, for my church, and for my job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and how we do take things for granted. I also want to thank the Lord for you Selena. You are an amazing woman and I am so glad your are a vessel being used by our Lord!

    ReplyDelete