April 22, 2011

Addictions

This last winter I really got into crocheting.You could almost say I was addicted to it! I was able to make toboggins for Chris and the girls and tons of different kinds of kitchen rags and hot pads. I've also made scarves and throws before.

Well... that addiction has faded and now I've got a sewing addiction. So far I have sewn a pair of culottes for Lilly and Olivia, burp cloths and a nursing cover for a friend and now I have the pieces cut out to sew an apron for Olivia. Just so you know, I am not very good at either of these crafts and I'm very much a beginner, learning as I go. The verse from Philippians came to my mind alot during these projects, Phil. 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strentheneth me.

The first sewing project was a pair of culottes for Olivia. There was much frustration, tears, pin pokes in my fingers and mistakes that went into that project. The first pair I somehow managed to get everything right except for sewing them upside down. Yup! So I cut out some more of the fabric only to learn that I had cut out 4 front legs instead of 2 front legs and 2 back legs. I just had enough fabric to cut out 2 back legs. I learned very much from doing those and when I got to Lilly's pair I knew what NOT to do, haaha! The last thing I just finished was the nursing apron, by the way if you buy one it's going to cost you about $35 or more plus shipping and handling if you buy online. I spent about $7 on fabric, thread and the d rings needed to make the apron!! Which has kind of made the whole "addiction" thing worse, because now I'm thinking what else can I make for less?!


Lilly took time out of coloring to help with one of the straps on the nursing cover.






Not the best picture of Olivia's culottes


I asked her to give me a pretty smile, she did her "crazy" face instead.
Maybe she had too much chocolate pudding?







4 comments:

  1. That is a good addiction to have!! (Am I feeding into it? hehe) And I have to ask...is that Kali modeling the Nursing cover??? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool! mrs. dolan is gonna teach me how to sew. already I'm gonna be in a little bit of trouble with it though, because I'm going to have to cut the pattern bigger than what I have because of my size. i hope it turns out well. the girls look great! i miss them like crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that is Kali modeling the nursing cover. I tried to get Chris to do it but he said "no way!". I've looked into seeing if there is a sewing class I could take around here but only found a quilting class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried to learn to crochet but cant figure it out. I love the pic of olivias crazy face

    ReplyDelete