October 24, 2012

They say the funniest things...

One thing that I really enjoy about my family is, we laugh ALOT! Sometimes I remember to write the funny stuff down and then blog about it... I hope you get a good laugh because I know we sure have!!

When Chris was in Mexico, me and the girls were bored one day and brainstorming some ideas of things we could do. It went a little something like this:

Me: "So girls, what should we do, any ideas?"

Lilly: "We should go to Walmart or the Dollar Tree and buy something!"

Me: "Well just because we're bored doesn't mean we should go shopping and buy something just to do it. God wants us to be wise with our money, besides I don't think we have the money to go spend like that." (trying to be the responsible adult, lol)

Olivia: "Well, we can just go get some money from the payers."

Me: Laughing, "Who are the payers?"

Olivia: "The people who give you money to buy stuff, of course!"


This also happened while Chris was in Mexico....

Me: "Hey Lilly, why don't you come outside and help me grass the water?"

Lilly: "Mama, do you know what you just said?"

I was going through the house gathering up all the laundry and was going crazy seeing all the toys strewn all over the house. There was a mega block in the corner, a stuffed animal peeking out from under the couch, books not where they belong (on the bookshelf when not being read!), toy trucks in the laundry basket, a doll under the kitchen table and after spending lots of time trying to clean up... I think steam started coming out my ears or something. So then what happens....?

Me, speaking in my very serious Mama voice: "Is there just a toy in every crook and nanny?"

Chris laughing histerically: "What was that Selena? Is there a crook in the house? You mean, every NOOK and cranny?!!"


I had asked Olivia to get the clothes out of the dryer for me when I hear...

Olivia: "Oh no!! Mama, you shtranked my dress!"

Me: Laughing, "I did what to your dress?"

Olivia: "You shtranged my dress? I don't know how you say it."

Me: "You mean, I shrunk your dress?"


Last week Lilly was getting ready, I was going to take her around the neighborhood to fundraise for the Girl Scouts.

Me: "Lilly, why don't you bring me the brush so we can fix your hair."

Lilly: "O.K. sure."

Me: "I know, we should put your hair in pig tails so you will be super cute and maybe people will want to buy from you even more then."

Lilly: "Oh, is that how you sell chocolate?"


This last one isn't really funny but it is OH. SO. SWEET.!!!

Olivia: "Mama, will you read this book to me?"

Me: "Sure sweet heart, hop up here on the couch and we can read it together."

After we read the book....

Olivia: "Mama, when I grow up, I want to be a Mama just like you."

That almost made me cry!

































2 comments:

  1. can't wait to see you guys! Wanna get together for coffee on Saturday when you are here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to admit Selena, your girls do say some of the funniest things. I always enjoy hearing about these sayings whether we are together or if it is here on your blog. I hope you will continue to post more quips as they flow freely from the kids. :)

    ReplyDelete