September 29, 2012

I have a blog?

We've been so busy around here lately the last thing on my mind was my blog. So here is a little update about some things we've been up to...


The girls got to go to the salon to  get their hair washed and trimmed. They had never had their hair washed at the salon before and both thought it was the greatest thing ever. They didn't stop smiling the whole time.  


 
 
Olivia lost her 1st tooth! She had a loose tooth for exactly one whole day!! The very next morning she had wiggled it out. 
 
 
 
Samuel has developed a love for books, just like his big sisters. He loves to bring you books and sit in your lap or by himself on the floor and look at the pictures. He has also learned some sign language. He can sign for: food, more, please, blow kisses to say I love you and wave good-bye. He doesn't really walk, he runs! He likes to push heavy things around like chairs and carry things bigger than him like his toy basket all the while making grunting sounds as if to say "This is very heavy." He is constantly making us laugh and laugh for one reason or another.
 

 
 
It is very hard to get a picture of this little guy that doesn't come out blurry. I don't think he ever stops moving!!
 
 
 
 
From many of the fires in the area and our state the sky has been filled with smoke. We are so ready to have the smoke go away and breathe fresh clean air. Please pray for the men and women out there fighting those fires. I haven't been keeping up with the news lately so I don't know how many fires are still going. I heard that there has already been a life lost. Our air quality has been horrible but I don't think it has been as bad as Wenatchee or other places. 

 
 
 
 
We have also been busy with home school. Lilly has been reading so many books we came up with a reward system for each book she reads. For each book she gets a sticker on her chart and a small reward, when she gets to 5 books she gets a bigger reward and then for every 10 books she reads she gets an even bigger reward and then we start over. (I have 3 boxes labeled 1, 5 and 10 with fun things to choose from for the rewards.) 

 
 
 Olivia also wanted to have a chart of some kind, so since she is learning to read we made her a Word Challenge Chart. We follow the same reward system as Lilly's Book Challenge Chart. I've been thinking that when the girls finish their charts that we could do something really fun, maybe take a trip to a museum or something like that. Any ideas??
 
 
 We have also been learning about art or should I say I have been learning about art and the girls have just been having fun, :-). We got several books from the library on painting and drawing and let me just say it has been FUN!!
 
 
 
Also, Lilly not only is taking piano lessons but she has become a Girl Scout Brownie. She is working on her Pet Badge right now and so we decided to make some dog biscuits for our furry friends. You can find the recipe we used here. Olivia will be starting Girl Scouts next week!
 

 
 
 
I haven't gone into everything that we've been up to, if I did that I probably would never get away from this computer. Some exciting news I do want to share before I do finish with this post is,  I am going back to school. I'm going to Wenatchee Valley College at Omak. I'm only taking 2 classes right now and I will be trying to do most online whenever possibe. This has been something I've always thought about doing but never knew what I would go back to school for. With homeschooling the girls, I haven't had a ton of confidence in myself to teach them effeciently. So, the more I prayed for confidence the more going back to school was on my mind. After talking with Chris many times about it and sharing with him what was on my mind we both thought maybe I should go back to school. The more we prayed about it the more God seemed to open the way for me to go. I will be working on a transfer degree, Associates of Arts and Sciences to be more specific and then move on to a University Online (maybe Wester Governors) for a B.A. in Interdisciplinary Studies (K-8). I look forward to posting more about this BIG adventure in the future!
(my new student packet)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. I loved being in Girl Scouts. I was in Girl Scouts for a long time & I learned a lot of good things from that experience. Next time I see Lilly I'll have to quiz her on stuff. I still remember some of the songs too:)

    ReplyDelete